Release 0.9-beta ready for download07 January 2013
We’re proud to announce this beta release of the next major version 0.9. With this milestone we introduce some important changes under the hood as well as some nice and long-awaited features:
First of all, the Roundcube Framework. The core classes providing the strong base of Roundcube’s functionality have been extracted and decoupled into a Framework package. They can be used individually in other open source projects looking for solid functionality around IMAP, SMTP, MIME-handling and more.
Another major change is the new database abstraction. In order to add support for SQLite3 the PEAR:MDB2 dependency was dropped and Roundcube now uses the native PHP Data Objects (PDO). ATTENTION: due a small lack in the MySQL PDO driver this version of Roundcube requires PHP 5.3 when using the MySQL database.
Then we also added some new features:
- Download all attachments as zip archive (zip module required)
- Render thumbnails for image attachments (imagemagick is recommended)
- Compose and mail view in new windows (configurable in user settings)
- Upload attachment files and contact photos with drag & drop
- Forward multiple emails as attachments
- Show contact photos in mail view
- CSV import for contacts
And of course plenty of small improvements and bug fixes.
See the complete Changelog at trac.roundcube.net/wiki/Changelog and download the new packages from roundcube.net/download. Please note that this is a beta release and we recommend to test it on a separate environment.