About the Roundcube webmail project
This project is a free and open source webmail solution with a desktop-like user interface which is easy to install/configure and that runs on a standard LAMPP server. The skins use the latest web standards to render a functional and customizable UI. Roundcube includes other sophisticated open-source libraries such as PEAR, an IMAP library derived from IlohaMail the TinyMCE rich text editor, Googiespell library for spell checking or the HTML5-PHP sanitizer by Masterminds.
- Drag-&-drop message management
- Full support for MIME and HTML messages
- Multiple sender identities
- Full featured address book with groups and LDAP connectors
- Threaded message listing
- IDNA support
- Spell checking
- Canned response templates
- IMAP folder management
- Shared/global IMAP folders
- Support for external SMTP server
- Support for access control lists (ACL)
- Built-in caching for fast mailbox access
- Unlimited users and messages
- Import/export functions
- Template system for custom skins
- Plug-in API for flexible extensions
- Sophisticated privacy protection
- Brute-force login attack prevention
- XSS attack protection
- Support for PGP encryption
- Available in over 80 languages
- Three column view
- Responsive skin (multi-device support) coming in Roundcube 1.4
- Attachment previews
- Find-as-you-type address book integration
- Searching messages and contacts
- Support S/MIME encryption
- Advanced search over all folders
- Virtual folders (aka saved searches)
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Conversation view using XCONVERSATIONS
- Browser history support
- Online calendar module
- Admin interface
See the development roadmap for more.
- Apache, Lighttpd, Nginx, Cherokee or Hiawatha web server
- PHP Version 5.4 or greater
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, MSSQL or Oracle database
- SMTP server and IMAP server with IMAP4 rev1 support
Roundcube Webmail is released under the GNU General Public License
version 3 or any later version with exceptions for skins and plugins.
Everyone is welcome to download and use it, deploy it and to re-distribute it. The code is provided «as-is» and in no event shall the copyright owner or contributors be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages.
Services Using and Supporting Roundcube
Get to know the top-notch services that not only use but also actively support our free software.
The Kolab Groupware Solution uses Roundcube as its web client. It offers a full email and groupware server out of the box including LDAP address books, calendars, tasks, mobile synchronization and much more.