Roundcube 1.6 beta released
We proudly announce the beta release for the next major version 1.6 of Roundcube webmail. With this milestone we cleaned up the codebase and bring full support for PHP 8.1. The most noteworthy changes are:
- PHP 8.1 support
- Dropped support for PHP < 7.3
- Support responses (snippets) in HTML format
- Option to purge deleted mails older than 30, 60 or 90 days
- Unified and simplified services connection config options
- Removed the Classic and Larry skins from the release packages
- SQLite: Use foreign keys, require SQLite >= 3.6.19
Adding support for PHP 8.1 again required some refactoring of the Roundcube codebase and removing/replacing now deprecated PHP code. We also used this cleaning efforts and simplified Roundcube’s config options a bit.
The following config options have either been removed or renamed:
default_portoption (non-standard port can be set via
- set “localhost:143” as a default for
smtp_portoption (non-standard port can be set via
- set “localhost:587” as a default for
ldap_publicarray (non-standard port can be set via
ldap_publicarray (use tls:// prefix in
managesieve_portoption (non-standard port can be set via
managesieve_usetlsoption (tls:// prefix in
managesieve_hosthave to be used)
If you used the Larry or the Classic skin in your deployment, you need to install them manually as they are no longer part of the release packages. They can easily be installed via Composer:
$ composer require roundcube/larry
See the full changelog in the release notes on the Github download page.
This is a beta release and we recommend to test it on a separate environment.
Download it from roundcube.net.
Migrate existing configs with either the
installto.sh or the
And don’t forget to backup your data before installing it.