About the Roundcube webmail project
This project is a free and open source webmail solution with a desktop-like user interface which is easy to install/configure and that runs on a standard LAMPP server. The skins use the latest web standards to render a functional and customizable UI. Roundcube includes other sophisticated open-source libraries such as PEAR, an IMAP library derived from IlohaMail, the TinyMCE rich text editor, Googiespell library for spell checking and the HTML5-PHP sanitizer by Masterminds.
- Drag-&-drop message management
- Full support for MIME and HTML messages
- Multiple sender identities
- Full featured address book with groups and LDAP connectors
- Threaded message listing
- IDNA and SMTPUTF8 support
- Spell checking
- Canned response templates
- IMAP folder management
- Shared/global IMAP folders
- Support for external SMTP server
- Support for access control lists (ACL)
- Built-in caching for fast mailbox access
- Unlimited users and messages
- Import/export functions
- Template system for custom skins
- Plug-in API for flexible extensions
- Sophisticated privacy protection
- Brute-force login attack prevention
- XSS attack protection
- Support for PGP encryption
- OAuth/XOauth login support
- Available in over 80 languages
- Three column view
- Responsive skin (multi-device support)
- Light and dark interface modes
- Attachment previews
- Find-as-you-type address book integration
- Searching messages and contacts
3rd Party Additions
Browse all 3rd party plugins available on Packagist.
See the development roadmap for more.
- Apache, Lighttpd, Nginx, IIS, Cherokee or Hiawatha web server
- PHP Version 5.5 or greater1
- MySQL/MariaDB, PostgreSQL, SQLite, MSSQL or Oracle database
- SMTP server and IMAP server with IMAP4 rev1 support
1. Roundcube supports versions of PHP available at the time of each major release. See the version history for more information.
Roundcube Webmail is released under the GNU General Public License version 3 or any later version with exceptions for skins and plugins.
Everyone is welcome to download and use it, deploy it and to re-distribute it. The code is provided «as-is» and in no event shall the copyright owner or contributors be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages.
Services Using and Supporting Roundcube
There are thousands of services that make use of Roundcube to provide webmail to millions of users. We love to see our application in so many hands and believe it is essential for society at large to have Open Source software available for a crucial task such as communication.
Below is a list of services that not only use, but actively contribute to Roundcube and where usage of those services helps to improve and further develop Roundcube webmail. These are the services that make it possible for us to continue improving our software and to make it freely available for everybody. Preferring one of these services will help them to further support us.